This website is intended only for students or professionals working in food, nutrition and health. If this is you, please click to continue.
CONTENT AND LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Are you providing diet and lifestyle advice to those concerned about heart health? Could they have Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (FH)? Are you up to speed with the latest dietary advice for Familial Hypercholesterolaemia? Do you know how it differs from standard heart health dietary advice?
When surveyed recently by HEART UK, 32% of health professionals in lipid clinics felt that dietetic support was only fair or poor and only 9% rated it as excellent. In clinics with no dietetic support or in clinics referring to general practice services, patients may receive advice from dietitians who lack the experience specialist knowledge and support network required to treat the severe and complex cases of dyslipidaemias.
BE AWARE OF:
- Prevalence of Familial Hypercholesterolaemia as a % of overall heart / CV disease in the UK – impacting on all advisors seeing heart health patients
- The current drive to increase the diagnosis of Familial Hypercholesterolaemia in the UK
- HEART UK resources for HCPs and patients/families
- NICE other national /European guidelines on Familial Hypercholesterolaemia specifically
- What Familial Hypercholesterolaemia means – causes – warning signs, diagnosis and treatments
- Why Familial Hypercholesterolaemia carries increased CVD risk and understand the increased risk compared to those with just elevated lipids without FH
- How dietary advice for Familial Hypercholesterolaemia differs from standard heart health advice
- How much a non-specialist HCP can undertake and when they need to refer onto a lipid / Familial Hypercholesterolaemia specialist
- Who and how to refer on for most specialist advice
BE ABLE TO:
- Check and interpret relevant medical history e.g. biochemistry results, anthropometry, medication (esp. re drug and dietary interactions) etc.
- Tailor dietary advice depending on above
Please note, webinars are not intended to be used by non-medically qualified individuals or as a substitute for, or basis for any medical treatment.
Baldeesh Rai BSc Hons RD
Dietetic Advisor, Heart UK
As dietetic advisor at HEART UK for over 15 yrs, Baldeesh supports the charity’s cholesterol helpline and leads initiatives to help identify and target at risk South Asian populations and empower them to make appropriate diet and lifestyle changes. She combines this with her work as a Senior Research Dietitian at Imperial College.
Linda Main BSc SRD
Linda is a freelance dietitian with experience of developing commercial partnerships with the food industry and producing resources and communications aimed at patients with lipid conditions. Linda was a founder member of the Ultimate Cholesterol Lowering Plan initiative.
WEBINAR HOST AND MODERATOR
Tanya Haffner, MD RD Nutrilicious.
CPD CERTIFICATE & LEARNING MATERIALS
This webinar has been approved for CPD by the British Dietetic Association (BDA) and Association for Nutrition (AfN).
Once you have viewed a full recorded webinar the mynutriweb team will review and arrange to send you your certificate via email from email@example.com within two weeks of viewing the webinar.
This webinar has been kindly sponsored with thanks by Heart UK
Please note, approval of each sponsor and activity is carefully assessed for suitability on a case by case basis. Sponsorship does not imply any endorsement of the brand by MyNutriWeb, its organisers, its moderators or any participating healthcare professional, or their association. Sponsorship funds are reinvested into the creation and promotion of professional development opportunities on MyNutriWeb.
Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Nutrition
Menopause, Heart Health and Cholesterol
Sustainable healthy eating among families – Focus on food waste
Feature in a Webinar
Webinar guest experts encompass topics relevant to all professionals and change agents in food and health, across all health and business sectors.
Would you like to feature in a webinar, or propose a guest expert?
Sponsor a webinar
MyNutriWeb offers organisations and brands an opportunity to sponsor topics, gaining valuable insights into the viewpoints of professionals within a moderated environment. If there is a topic that you would like to support please get in touch to discuss.